Magento Speed & Performance Optimisation
53% of mobile site visits leave a page that takes longer than three seconds to load
"While more than half of overall web traffic comes from mobile, mobile conversion rates are lower than desktop.
In short, speed equals revenue."
- Google Analytics Data, Q1 2016
Why is Magento 2 speed so important?
Downtime affects rankings and frustrates users.
Site downtime can negatively affect your google rankings and ability to be seen by potential customers, whilst slow sites can put those same potentials off using your site and converting.
DoubleClick by Google found 53% of mobile site visits leave a page that takes longer than three seconds to load, and Google advice strongly urges businesses to be aware of slow site responses as It also slows the Google crawler, which hurts crawl efficiency and leads to fewer pages being indexed.” If the Google crawler doesn’t index pages, those pages can’t rank on Google search results.
Why we’re qualified to manage this
Being born from an award winning, retailer company we’ve real world experience growing and managing a global eCommerce infrastructure, focused on delivering blisteringly fast, high converting websites.
Our Magento experience and qualifications mean we have the end-to-end view necessary to diagnose and fix issues with site performance thoroughly and efficiently.
We're focused on speed optimised Magento 2 websites.
Our Magento speed audit
We’ll start with a phone call with you to accurately define the scope and goals of the audit, to understand your concerns and plan how together, we can address them.
Some example areas of investigation include:
- Checking the caching configuration
- Testing the front end theme rendering times
- Profiling core page types such as product, category list and checkout pages
- Finding out if the Magento Core code has been edited, and if this has introduced conflicts and inefficiencies
- Analysing your server and overall website infrastructure. We can then offer a technologies recommendation if we believe there are gains to be had in this area
- We can review log files to understand how efficiently Google’s crawl budget is being utilised
- Diving into the error log reporting to spot recurring issues
- A full extension review to understand if inefficient deployment of extensions is causing conflicts and slowing your site
- Looking at your media repositories to understand if further optimisation can be achieved
- Understanding your Content Delivery Network strategy and offering performance optimising advice