A technical SEO review on a multisite Magento 2 setup to ensure the best possible rankings in Google.
Magento eCommerce SEO
We were asked by Pavillion Broadway to review their Magento 2 multisite setup to ensure optimal configuration. With shared products and categories, but presented across B2C, B2B and non-transactional lead generating sites, Pavillion Broadway wanted to ensure they were not harming their rankings chances by creating duplication content.
Furniture, Lighting & Home Accessories
Our Magento SEO Audit included
- Optimised robots.txt to stop crawling of infinite URL space
- Created an optimal canonical URL strategy across the domains to avoid duplication content issues
- Optimised the robots meta for undesirable “infinite url crawl space” created by Magento’s layered navigation
- Optimised parameter handling in Google Search Console
- Diagnosed server errors provided by Google
- Suggested a ‘hreflang” strategy with other global brand partners for optimal visibility in the chosen territories
Magic42 were fantastic from start to finish during a challenging migration project, not only from Magento 1 to Magento 2 but also moving to a brand new template and URL structure. The Technical Audit piece they provided was imperative in helping us get to the bottom of a few fundamental issues around crawlability and canonicalisation. We would definitely work with Magic42 again and wouldn’t hesitate to provide them to friends and family.
– Nathan Thompson (Head of Marketing & Growth)